[Foundation-l] Quran in Sitenotice

Elisabeth Bauer elian at djini.de
Thu Jul 13 14:29:07 UTC 2006

Heema Khan schrieb:
>>I belive this this has already been disscused on ur.wikipedia. They
>>have come to thier descision. Now we are going to have to deal with
>>that problem.
>
> Yes, the matter was discussed there and the discussions
> are finished on the 8th of July, so it seems that
> Sitenote is permanent for now.

The purpose of the sitenotice is to announce important, wikimedia
specific news like a fundraising campaign, the international wikimania
conference or important project specific news like a policy change or
whatever.

Quran quotes (or any other, btw) in the sitenotice are an abuse of the
tool and should be removed immediately.

If urdu wikipedians want to fill the sitenotice, there's wikimania to
announce at the moment.

greetings,
elian