[Foundation-l] MediaWiki 1.7.1 and Wikipedia

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Jul 11 16:58:10 UTC 2006

Delirium wrote:
> I was speaking of the use of unreleased versions of MediaWiki and
> complex/undocumented extension setups (which extensions *are* enabled on
> Wikipedia anyway?  I know LaTeX and Cite are; is that all?).  PHP 5 is
> fine of course.

Here are the extensions that affect content rendering currently in use:

Cite/Cite.php
ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php

A few wikis also have:
intersection/DynamicPageList.php

Additionally enabled and used in the edittools but not generally in content:
CharInsert/CharInsert.php

Math and SVG rendering are also in use on Wikipedia, so should be enabled if
taking our current content straight.

$wgLegalTitleChars should have "+" appended to it for compatibility. This will
most likely be added to the default in the next revision, unless I forget about
it again.

You can find a fuller list of extensions at Special:Version.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)