[Foundation-l] Wikiversity - feedback

Michael R. Irwin michael_irwin at verizon.net
Thu Jul 6 08:53:30 UTC 2006

Cormac Lawler wrote:

>Believe me, I'm as
>anxious to get Wikiversity set up as you are, and as frustrated it's
>taken this long, but that doesn't change where we are or what we are
>doing - which is to develop and realise as clear and realistic a
>project as possible.

An interesting perspective.

Sometimes when pursuing parallel development of massive projects it
helps to have additional effort applied.   It seems pretty clear that
the cast of thousands has declined to nominate themselves for your
committee's assessment and approval.   Perhaps we should consider
getting the permanent wiki domain operational so those who wish to can
begin contributing in ways other than committee chit chat or other
leadership responsibilities.

We might even entice the occasional participant to participate in a
policy discussion by mistake once in a great while.

As I recall your committee's charter it said something about energizing
or activating Wikiversity effectively, nothing about designing it in
detail before the participants show up and figure out what works to
attract further effective participation.

lazyquasar