[Foundation-l] Wikiversity - feedback

Michael R. Irwin michael_irwin at verizon.net
Wed Jul 5 03:01:00 UTC 2006

Cormac Lawler wrote:

>snip
>

>As an update, I'm still trying to move this process along within the
>Special projects committee, and hopefully there will be something to
>show for it soon. Meanwhile, however, I continue to invite comments,
>suggestions, criticisms from anyone, however new or peripheral to the
>discussion you may feel yourself to be.

I could not find recent Wikiversity  proposal activity either in the
special subcommittee's resolutions or on their agenda:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special_projects_committee/Resolutions
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special_projects_committee

The only documented suspense I could find required that you setup your
Wikiversity subcommittee and report back by March 21, 2006.

What exactly are the tasks remaining before the Wikiversity proposal can
be presented to the Wikimedia Board for a final go or nogo decision?

Are you aware that Jimbo has informed us directly a few months ago
either here on this list or on the foundation list that the present
Wikimedia Foundation board members all support the Wikiversity project?

There is no guarantee this will be true of future Board members.

lazyquasar