[Foundation-l] GFDL publisher credit (was: Wikibooks for sale)

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Tue Jul 4 18:51:55 UTC 2006

In a message dated 7/4/2006 2:19:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wikilegal at inbox.org writes:

This is  especially true when an
employee of the foundation implies that playing it  safe and assuming
the foundation does hold a copyright interest and is a  publisher is
somehow a violation of trademark  law.

To be perfectly clear, Anthony, I stated that our name (and logo) are
trademarked. That is unquestionable. The books were listed as being created the
Foundation, yet we had no knowledge of it. In other words, the publisher used
our trademarked name on a book without the agreement of  the Foundation. While I
am not assuming malicious intent, that is  clearly unacceptable. Don't twist
what I said.

Danny