[Foundation-l] Native Cherokee Langage XML Dumps posted for 20060702 Wikipedia

Jeffrey V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Tue Jul 4 16:40:36 UTC 2006

Fred Bauder wrote:

>On Jul 4, 2006, at 12:03 AM, Mathias Schindler wrote:
>

>>On 7/4/06, Jeffrey V. Merkey <jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:
>>

>>>The Native Cherokee Language Translation Project has posted XML dumps
>>>against enwiki 07-02-2006 at
>>>

>>Hi Jeffrey,
>>
>>thanks for all your efforts here but I honestly fail to see the
>>connection to Wikimedia Foundation related matters. You might find
>>more
>>people interested in this on a Native Cherokee mailing list. As the
>>data
>>is a machine translation from enwiki, the related mailing list might
>>also be slightly more relevant to you posting.
>>
>>As you brought up the topic anyway, I would also suggest to stop
>>calling
>>the pages at http://www.wikigadugi.org/ a "Wikipedia". It might be a
>>wiki based encyclopedia. However, this project is currently not
>>part of
>>the Wikipedia (which could be debated, nontheless).
>>
>>Thanks and Greetings,
>>Mathias
>>

>Certainly he should not call Wikigadugi a "Wikipedia". But Jeffrey is
>definitely part of our community. Whether some agreement will ever be
>reached for close integration is ever reached does not matter. We
>have had enough trouble together.
>
>Fred

Thanks Fred. The XML dumps call themselves Wikipedia. I'll change then
name to "Wikipedia Mirror" which
should help clear up the confusion. Wikipedia lists sites on its pages
which import te XML dumps as
"Wikipedia Mirrors".

As for community problems, they are in the past. All I ever wanted was
fair treatment and Mr. Wales in the end
made certain this happened, so as far as I am concerned, all of these
problems belong in the past, and we can move
forward with a fresh new day -- turn the page, next chapter.

Jeff