[Foundation-l] Proposal for Wikipedia in European Portuguese

Luiz Augusto lugusto at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 01:52:46 UTC 2006

Sorry for my English. Recently, a newbie from Portuguese Wikipedia has
proposed on meta a vote to create Wikipedia in european portuguese. He don't
talked about it with any editor from pt:Wikipedia and that proposal has
discovered by me, accidentally. I send a note in Village Pump from
pt:wikipedia. More than 30 editors has voted against that proposal.
Unconsoled with this, he was suspended that voting and is imposing to, in a
new vote about it, only europeans speakers can vote on it.

Is all ok to the current rules for request a new language?

Links related to this:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Requests_for_new_languages&diff=384871&oldid=384837

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Requests_for_new_languages#Discussion_of_the_poll_concerning_the_creation_of_an_European_Portuguese_Wikipedia

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Tugazo