[Foundation-l] Resignation

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 17:20:06 UTC 2006

On 7/1/06, Angela Beesley <angela at wikimedia.org> wrote:
[snip]
> I'm certainly not leaving -- just leaving the Board. I
> still intend to be involved with editing the projects, and with the
> formation of the Wikimedia Australia chapter, and, if the
> opportunities still arise, I hope to continue promoting the projects
> at conferences and other events.

Good, then we can all continue to look forward to working with you. :)

[snip]
> My resignation will be effective upon the election of my successor.
> Elections will be held in September, and the planning for those should
> begin immediately.
[snip]

Thats a rather short time frame, considering the discussed plans to
bring in some visionaries from the outside world.  When was this
decided? What if we're unable to have discussions with our proposed
candidates by then?  Hmm.    If you'd like to be replaced earlier I'd
rather appoint an interim member than hurry the process to set the
board for the longer term.

I think it would be more beneficial to have an interim member than to
have elections prematurely and be forced to keep a member who is on
her way out and unhappy with the Foundation for any longer than
absolutely needed..