[Foundation-l] Fate of "Simple English"

MHart wiki at matthart.com
Fri Feb 24 15:24:00 UTC 2006

> The argument is that since so much of the world turns to English as a
> second language for information, it would be useful to have an English
> Wikipedia written in simple, easy-to-understand English, but at the same

I recently created a widget where you hold the mouse over an acronym and
press some key combination and the definition of the acronym pops up. It
reads the acronyms from a QuickBase database - almost 800 acronyms in the db
(used at Intuit).

Something like that would be great for English-as-a-second-language folks.
An English-to-whatever dictionary widget. Hmmm... maybe I'll just write it
real quick...

- MHart