[Foundation-l] Myspace group using our logo

- Essjay - essjaywiki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 13:34:09 UTC 2006

This isn't the fault of the CVU existing, it's a problem with having
derivative logos (an idea which I've changed my mind on, hence why I deleted
so many of the ones I created from Commons, and why I'd like to see an order
from the Foundation to delete the rest of them).

There isn't a problem with a bunch of vandals having a "Wikipedia Vandalism
Unit;" if there was, we would have already gone after Daniel Brandt and the
trolls at Wikipedia Review. What is the problem is the use of our logo,
which should be dealt with quickly.

I'll take this opportunity to remind individuals that the CVU does a lot of
good work that nobody else seems to want to do, and takes a lot of hell for
it with very, *very* little appreciation ever shown. Perhaps this time,
instead of starting up on three choruses of "the CVU is evil," people could
take the time to go drop a note on a CVU member's talk page that says "Hey,
I noticed you hard at work reverting vandals, good work!"

Now,.back to my vacation.

Essjay