[Foundation-l] New Proposal

Christian Thiele APPER at apper.de
Wed Feb 22 18:28:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

Mark Evans <alberrosidus at gmail.com> schrieb am Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:12:43
+0100:

> Your project sound like a great idea. I didn't look to far into it,
> but you might want to check out a similar project called wikitree:
> http://www.wikitree.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

I think the whole idea of wikitree and rodovid.org is great. The problem
on wikitree is, that the data is on normal wiki pages and so very
unusable. I like the software rodovid.org uses, because it stores real
data and bases on MediaWiki. I think to have such a project under
Wikimedia would be great, because noone has a profit of many projects
collecting the same data and I know that there are a lot of people, who
like this idea but hadn't the software to do this til now.

Sincerelly
Christian Thiele

--
Christian Thiele - de:User:APPER
Member of the board of Wikimedia Germany