[Foundation-l] communications committee

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 04:26:00 UTC 2006

Those are not good enough reasons to balkanize this. As I previously stated, the communications
committee needs to have input from other parts of the organization, not to mention keeping
everybody on the organizational level informed of what is going on press/PR wise. If this is done
for every committee, then that will not encourage the type of communication and cross
fertilization we need to function.

In short, balkanization is a horrible idea and will only tend to fragment the foundation by
encouraging people to over-specialize and not consider what the other parts of the organization
are doing. Let's also not confuse committee members from volunteers; each committee should have a
limited number of vetted members who would have access to the Internal list and wiki, but could
have a virtually unlimited number of volunteers who would only have access to the public lists and
wikis.

That is the type of balance we should have.

-- mav