[Foundation-l] .eu domains lost (Was: .eu domains soon)

Sebastian Moleski sebmol at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 15:32:16 UTC 2006

Hello,

I took the liberty to register the two remaining .EU domains commonly
associated with Wikimedia (wikiversity.eu and wikimediafoundation.eu). Both
are currently redirects to the respective .org pages. Since eurid (the EU
domain registration authority) just suspended thousands of .EU domains for
not being particularly "European", I'd suggest that portals be placed on
those two domains with links to European versions of Wikiversity and
Wikimedia chapters, respectively.

Regards,

Sebastian Moleski