[Foundation-l] [Election] Big season of translation, we have now close to 20 candidates!

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 22:35:54 UTC 2006

On 8/29/06, Guillaume Paumier <guillom.pom at gmail.com> wrote:
> I deliberately put aside the debate on which notice should be used. I have
> my own point of view about this, but I don't have the time to split hairs.

On en wikipedia that is one page vs 5,503,662. Pretty big hair

> This said, I don't really understand how you can compare the Board election
> and the ArbCom one.

Only elections we have that were advertised through
MediaWiki:Watchdetails (and Signpost and general community chatter)

>We are talking about completely different positions.
> Being an arbitrator has nothing to do with being a Board member, so
> comparing the number of candidacies of these two elections seems completely
> irrelevant to me.

Not completely irrelivant. So far the general approach I'm seeing is
"the notice will go in MediaWiki:Sitenotice if you disagree we will
ignore you" which is unhelpful. Thus anything that might get discusion
going is worth a try.

--
geni