[Foundation-l] Which policy do you use in your Wikipedia?

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 13:47:06 UTC 2006

2006/8/28, valdelli at bluemail.ch <valdelli at bluemail.ch>:
> Which policy do you use in your Wikipedia about recent events?
>
> Do you establish a fixed time (i.e 30 days) to accept new articles
> for them? Or do you analyze every single case?
>
> I ask for this rule because some articles are written in
> journalistic style and could be not acceptable for Wikipedia and I'm
> investigating in which way other Wikipedias solve this problem.

There's no specific rules about them, as far as I know. When an
article is too journalistic in style, it gets edited to a more
acceptable one in time, or it gets nominated for deletion. However,
that has nothing to do with being about a recent event. If someone
does the same with an event from 1930s, it will be treated the same
way.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels