[Foundation-l] Draft on voting eligibility clarification (Re: Open question from an Election Official: on voters' elibiglity)

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 07:11:14 UTC 2006

Thanks to all those who contributed their ideas. After considering the
opinions posted on meta, I propose the below as our policies for voter
eligibility in the coming Election:

   1. Users indefinitely banned or blocked from any Wikimedia project
may not vote in the Wikimedia Foundation Board elections. This means
they may not vote using the blocked account or from any other account
they may hold on a Wikimedia project.
   2. Users temporarily banned or blocked from any Wikimedia project
may not vote from the blocked or banned account for the duration it is
blocked. However, they may vote from any other project on which they
are eligible to vote, or they may vote after being unblocked if the
election is still open.
   3. Election officials may strike votes from users who do not meet
the eligibility criteria described above. Officials may find
disqualified voters by searching manually, by technical filtering (to
be provided by developer(s) if possible), or by third-party reports.
   4. Any Wikimedia user is invited to report questionable votes to
the Election Officials. To ensure the authenticity of the reports, we
highly recommend that bureaucrats or admins of a local wiki make the
reports, and we appreciate the assistance of local wiki admins in
checking such questionable votes. Admins of local wikis are welcome to
report on projects other than the ones on which they are
administrators; however, local admins are expected to be the most
reliable source of such information.

Your comments and feedback to the dedicated page on meta will be appreciated.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Elections_for_the_Board_of_Trustees_of_the_Wikimedia_Foundation%2C_2006/En#feedback

The final version will be posted on meta and foundation-l before the
Election starts.

Cheers,
--
Kizu Naoko