[Foundation-l] Open question from an Election Official: on voters' elibiglity

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 15:47:14 UTC 2006

I think th idea of exampting people who don't have the right to work
on a wiki anymore should also not be allowed to be part of the group
that is represented by the representative is ok. It is not possible to
make a good comparison with the American way of democratics, please
let us not stick into that discussion, because there are much more
other sides to the story, but let's stick to the core of the question.

What are the elections for? We choose a representative. That
representative represents the communities. If someone is no part of
the communities, should it be able to vote who should represent that
community? It's a good question. But I don't think someone should be
taken away his or her right to vote when (s)he is banned from a
project. That would be as an additional punishment. I think it would
be best to state that the edits on the project you are indeinitely
banned from do not count. So if it was your only project, you can't
vote. But when you were active enough on another project as well, and
not banned indef there, it's ok to vote. That way it is not an
additional punishment, but a clearer definition of the representation.

Lodewijk