[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation Website

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 07:49:27 UTC 2006

Hello,

On 8/23/06, effe iets anders <effeietsanders at gmail.com> wrote:
 <snip>

> This alltogether looks quite messy. And at the end, especially for a
> foundation ''based'' on the internet, the website is a businesscard.
> So enough reason to do something about it.
>
> Would it be an idea to make a team of people (not just one) who can
> restructure the Wiki, categorize nicely, try to update, delete what is
> unnessecairily (like the french version of the awards page: all empty
> but the langbar) and coordinate with the translation-committee? It
> should mostly be structural changes.

This is true, and Jd recently sent a mail on foundation-l about that [1].
See also [2]. I think it is a good idea to set up a team dealing with
cleaning the foundation wiki. Of course, this team must be multilingual to
be efficient.

If help if needed for translation, I'm sure you can ask on translators-l;
people work on meta, then the team members check the translation and update
content on the foundation wiki.

g.

[1] http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2006-August/008901.html
[2] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Babel#Miscellaneous