[Foundation-l] Using someone's real name instead of his wikiname

Paweł Dembowski fallout at lexx.eu.org
Mon Aug 21 14:50:29 UTC 2006

GerardM wrote:

> Hoi,
> I do disagree utterly.

> I would be interested to see to what extend Waerth has made this connection.
> I am of the opinion that there should be no link between peopel IRL and
> people in their Wikimedia persona. There are few people where a link with
> their real life persona is justifiable, Jimmy Wales is one. Even Angela asks
> to have her article removed once her tenure as a board member has ended.
> It is not polite to say the least.
> Thanks,
>     GerardM

Still, if someone uses his real name on a public mailing list, I don't
see how using that name in conversation at Wikipedia is a violation of
privacy. If Waerth doesn't want his real name to be public, he
shouldn't post on public mailing lists with his real name in the
"From:" field and in his e-mail address.

--
Ausir
Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia