[Foundation-l] Using someone's real name instead of his wikiname

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 13:27:56 UTC 2006

2006/8/21, effe iets anders <effeietsanders at gmail.com>:
> Maybe it's worthwhile to split the discussion, and focus on the
> original question, in which answer I am quite interested in too:
>
> Is this a Wikimedia Foundation Privacy Policy violation?

No, I would not say so. The only part of the privacy policy that I see
could apply here, is:

When you edit any page in the wiki, you are publishing a document.
This is a public act, and you are identified publicly with that edit
as its author.

That is, anything you write on Wikipedia is public. Given that Walter
has himself made the connection in Wikipedia posts, it is public.

Of course, this does NOT mean that Muijz's behavior is ok. It just
means that him doing it, and the Wikimedia Foundation doing nothing
against it, would not be against our privacy policy.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels