[Foundation-l] Using someone's real name instead of his wikiname

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 11:49:21 UTC 2006

2006/8/21, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com>:

> > And with your redenation I can publish
> > Muijz full name and his history anywhere as he has made a website about
> > himself and his very particular history. Because it is widely known and
> > he has told about it on wikipedia on talkpages. Just because he has done
> > so doesn't give me the right to do this, neither does he have the right
> > in a discussion between user:Waerth and user:Muijz to all of a sudden
> > draw my complete family in the conflict.

And maybe you should go to him to ask this. Maybe he doesn't mind. I
don't mind if you use my real name (although looking back having it as
my nick makes it a bit too conspicuous - everyone looking up me on the
web will get to a few dozen Wikipedia userpages), maybe he doesn't
either. Maybe he does, but then at least he's given you good
ammunition to argument against him doing the same to you.

I am not saying that what he did is right or that what you did is
wrong. What I am saying is that by reacting as if it is the greatest
wiki-sin possible whenever Wikix or Muijz says anything about you or
about Thailand, you're not helping to solve the situation. You are
just making Wikix' "everyone is allowed to edit" reasoning sound more
and more reasonable.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels