[Foundation-l] board elections: help wanted

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 08:36:39 UTC 2006

On 8/21/06, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> - found some wikis lacking sitenotice; contact to the local people
> through irc and other media and ask them to restore (by me; needed
> three days in a sum; I hope local community realises the global
> sitenotce is the notice on the global issues from the Foundation,
> based on many discussions between several involved parties [this case,
> Election officers, Communication committees and some developers], and
> even if they don't want, it is unthoughtful to remove it without
> reporting to the global community in a proper channel like
> foundation-l)

A slightly more consitant atitude on this would be nice. Still
awaiting reasoning why you cannot use MediaWiki:Watchdetails and why
you felt the need to use IRC rather than say [[MediaWiki
talk:Sitenotice]].

> - checking wikis randomly to know if they have been informed about
> this Election properly (some wikis might hold the last year notice
> ...) [if time available]

Ah mostly funraising notices and local notices are more likely.
Haven't seen an old election notice. To start with there is:
gu.wikipedia.
ml.wikipedia
av.wikipedia
mo.wikipedia  <-- probably not a good idea to change
fiu-vro.wikipedia
af.wiktionary
cs.wiktionary <--odd setup here
he.wiktionary <-probably