[Foundation-l] Removal of Cherokee Translators from Wikimedia

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Fri Aug 18 00:15:54 UTC 2006

> Sorry,
>
> I don't edit on the english wikipedia at present nor do I plan to
> anytime soon.
>
> here's the URL.
>
> chr.wikipedia.org
>
> Jeff
>

>> I think it is a wikimedia project.
>>
>> Jeff

Yes, this is a wikimedia project, but has less than 10,000 articles.
Therefore your entry does not go into the first part of the list but
under "other languages". And that is where I now moved your entry.

I hope you understand that we understand well how relevant Cherokee for
the regional languages is (please don't understand the term regional).
Nonetheless all of us have to follow these rules and many languages are
still below the 10,000 hurdle. I hope to see the number 1000 soon - let
me know when you reach it ... it is hard work for a small community.
Once you have 1000 the step to reach 5000 is much faster and from there
to 10,000 is faster again.

I know you are doing loads of work with machine translation on the
non-wikimedia wiki - unfortunately, up to now I did not manage to
install a proper font to be able to read that wiki - I tried more than
once, but for some reason my computer refuses to install the font :-(

Best wishes from Italy,

Sabine