[Foundation-l] WMF staff & hiring

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 16 09:14:49 UTC 2006

On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 09:06:35PM -0400, Brad Patrick wrote:
> This is the big picture stuff the board will be thinking about for the
> Retreat.   I'm not worried about a million dollar donation.  I'm worried
> about how to think about an organization that has a *billion* dollars.

Does this mean we'll finally be able to run wikimedia out of a trust fund?

I'd be more interested in being around for 100 years than having a billion
dollars to play with, however tempting the latter might seem at first blush.

Running as lean as possible and not _depending_ on too much income is another
way to be sure we'll still be around in 2106. We can't count on always having
goodwill.

read you soon,
	Kim Bruning

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72