[Foundation-l] Wikiversity

Cormac Lawler cormaggio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 07:29:37 UTC 2006

> James Hare wrote:
> > We can develop Creationism instruction material as well as Science
> > instruction material, can't we? As long as we have interested parties?
>
> Information that lets people learn, neutrally, information _about_
> Creationism, sounds great.  Courses advocating creationism, no.
>
> --Jimbo

The obvious question this raises is (as Elian has already asked):
"where do we draw the line?"

We could orchestrate, for example, a policy that says "Wikiversity
will not host materials that endorse a particular world-view". But
then, we are excluding all religious material (and not all religious
material is bad). It could well be argued that much of what most
people consider to be appropriate educational material espouses a
particular world-view, such as that of free-market economics,
feminism, whatever.

This is a difficult issue that we can't simply dismiss out of hand.
I'm genuinely interested in finding a usable concept that we can apply
as policy - fwiw, there's already a page on NPOV on Wikiversity for
anyone who's interested:
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wikiversity:Neutral_point_of_view

Cormac