[Foundation-l] Announcement regarding the Election

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 21:45:10 UTC 2006

Jon Harald Søby wrote:
> This presumably means there will be no new seats up for election this year?

This mostly mean the board was not able to reach an agreement on how
many new seats should be opened, nor on when, nor on how they should be
filled up.

I am actually not fully sure there is general agreement for board expansion.
I put a resolution on the board wiki many weeks ago on that topic. The
only comment offered was Angela's, who said "Oppose since it's not clear
whether this applies to existing members and gives no rationale for not
all of the members being elected." Other members did not comment the
resolution, nor vote.

Angela wished all new seats filled up by election. I wished some of the
seats filled up by election and some by appointement. Jimbo apparently
wishes only appointements.

There is no evidence as of today that appointments will have a time
limit in the future (such as 2 years) (the resolution dealing with that
issue did not receive sufficient votes to pass).

So, current elections will only concern Angela seat and the board will
discuss possible expansion and Tim Shell replacement after the
elections. Seemingly, Tim Shell will be replaced by appointement. Though...

It may be that results of the elections influence appointements if there
are appointements for new seats. This is likely to depend on who is
precisely elected in september.

Ant