[Foundation-l] Emergency on Wiktionary

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 22:59:49 UTC 2006

Hoi,
As WiktionaryZ is dragged into this discussion, let me explain how it is
at this moment. At this moment we have people edit WiktionaryZ that we
trust / know / come recomended / ask. We are at this time in a pre-alpha
stage, we do not have versioning, being an admin is not a big thing.
Being able to edit is. When someone proves that he either does not
understand the concept of what we are trying to do. When someone does
not communicate his/her concerns and makes a mess, we will protect our
data and revoke the edit right. The admin right goes with it.

We have been clear about this notion. We do not want to discuss this
really as it is not compatible with the state of our project. The notion
of having to watch closely is in my mind problematic because by arguing
that this is needed, there will always be people that either think that
it is there place to complain and want things different even though they
have no knowledge about a project (assume that everything is like
Wikipedia).

Every project has it's own way of doing things. WiktionaryZ is different
because not only is it a project where we are in a pre-alpha state, it
is also a project where we aim to have people from all nationalities and
languages work together. This requires that things are particular to
WiktionaryZ. We welcome people to contribute to WiktionaryZ. We ask to
be judged on what we are and what we do and not to be judged by what
some consider "normal".

Thanks,
     GerardM