[Foundation-l] board candidacies

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Sat Aug 12 13:24:48 UTC 2006

Walter Vermeir schreef:

> That problem can be fixt directly more or less. MediaWiki supports the
> function that you get an email when;
>
> [ ] E-mail me when a page I'm watching is changed
> [ ] E-mail me when my user talk page is changed
> [ ] E-mail me also for minor edits of pages
>
> That is only a matter of switching that function for meta. The you can
> select that in you user option.

Because it seems not to totally clear to some a clarification;

The option to receive those email notifications is not active on Meta.
But it is on some wikis like the Wikimania2006 wiki.

Actually I think it would be useful if it is active on all wikis or at
least the smaller wikis. A possible result would be a (drastic) increase
of the outgoing emails from wikimedia to its users. That can be a reason
for not activating it globally.

--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community