[Foundation-l] board candidacies

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Sat Aug 12 12:19:41 UTC 2006

Anthony schreef:
[cut]
> The biggest problem with using meta is that none of the standard tools
> work across wikis.  You don't get notifications of talk page changes
> on meta when you're hacking on Wikipedia, or Wikibooks.  The watchlist
> feature covers one project at a time, etc.

That problem can be fixt directly more or less. MediaWiki supports the
function that you get an email when;

[ ] E-mail me when a page I'm watching is changed
[ ] E-mail me when my user talk page is changed
[ ] E-mail me also for minor edits of pages

That is only a matter of switching that function for meta. The you can
select that in you user option.

--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community