[Foundation-l] board candidacies

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Aug 12 00:35:24 UTC 2006

Walter van Kalken wrote:

>I personally feel that one of the big issues is that people are required
>to spend their own money for things. This means that if you life outside
>of the US, even outside of Florida that your costs will be prohibitively
>high. I personally find that one of the most prohibitive requirements.
>Many people whom would have the time and the enthousiasm do not have a
>bankaccount for that. And that is one of the reasons I have a lot of
>respect for Angela and Anthere. They are willing to spend their personal
>savings for the betterment of the projects. People should realize that
>the next time they start complaining with them.

Being a volunteer can be costly, and many of us deal with those costs
cheerfully.  I'm sure there is a level of participation where subsidy is
warranted, but I would be hard-pressed to define that level.  Do you
think that you could put your concerns in more concrete terms.  Who
should be subsidized, and when?

Ec