[Foundation-l] board candidacies

Erik Zachte erikzachte at infodisiac.com
Fri Aug 11 21:55:55 UTC 2006

Ray Saintonge
> I can also look at the joke in the spirit in which it was
> intended, and not as a real criticism of anybody.  Anyone there who
> actually saw the tiny baby in the gentle hands of a gorilla would have
> laughed.

Yes, I agree now on the joke being innocent by itself and, as I said
earlier, witty.

But I can relate to the fact that when one has just explained a difficult
personal situation in front of a few hundred people and a camera or two,
by the way this was after Jimmy gave his initial response, and those people
have a good laugh and then switch topic, one might feel even more alone than
when no reaction is given at all.

I would not have thought of mentioning it when anyone (me including of
course) would have followed up with a serious comment.
It was the situation rather than the joke by itself that was somewhat
embarassing.

Erik Zachte