[Foundation-l] board candidacies

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 18:43:30 UTC 2006

daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:

> I am confused by this thread. It is starting with false assumptions (Board
> members are required to spend their own money for things)

?

Sorry Danny, but it is not a false assumption.
I am currently required to spend my own money to go and give speeches.
This has been the case for over 2 years now. Until last december, I had
a job and it was not an issue to use my own savings. It has become an
issue. And yes, Jimbo took it lightly during the board panel when I
stupidely commented the issue. And yes, Andrew made fun of it saying
that Thomas was taking care of by yourself during Wikimania in any
cases. And yes, I felt humiliated. And yes, it is getting up to my
throat right now. Badly. Everyday a little bit more. Each time I have to
find a different way to organise myself to limit costs as much as I can,
and each time it takes hours to find the best solution. Usually illegal,
as legal is too expensive. And each time my husband talks to me angrily
because my poorly built-up solutions impair his own working time. And
each time I cut on something I could have offered to my own kids. And
each time I am more angry.

So rrrrright, so much for the false assumptions. The expenses of Board
members relating to Foundation work are not entirely covered by the
Foundation. That's not a false assumption. That's a fact.

This said, Michael wrote yesterday that I should ask for my child care
costs to be covered. Does that need a resolution ?

Ant

and builds on that to