[Foundation-l] board candidacies

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu Aug 10 18:57:02 UTC 2006

On 8/10/06, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I sincerely hope that the international and cross project community
> will get organized and vote on this election, so as to balance the
> natural weight of the English Wikipedia and make sure that the person
> elected on the board has the skills necessary to the position.Whether
> they are or not from the English Wikipedia is indeed, irrelevant.

If it's irrelevant, then why is it being brought up?

With only one seat up for grabs, I don't really think it matters what
project the board member winds up spending most of his or her time on.

As for whether or not they speak English, I frankly don't think it's
possible for someone who doesn't read and write English well to be an
effective board member - unless maybe they have the money to hire
their own personal translator.

Anthony