[Foundation-l] enwiki dumps are busted/ISP Response to Fred

Jeffrey V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Mon Aug 7 04:47:35 UTC 2006

Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:

> Fred Bauder wrote:
>
>> On Aug 6, 2006, at 9:02 PM, Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:

>>> anyone's side but their own.
>>>

>> Actually I am getting cooperation. The technician has suggested a
>> good solution is to put their customer who is behind Tojo on a fixed
>> ip. This solution does not require them to lose a customer. In fact,
>> it is a sort of upgrade.
>>
>> Fred

> Fred,
>
> I agree that coming from someone reputable like you or Brad will
> probably work. And getting Toyo in Japan
> to respond quickly is amazing. They also have a pretty high powered
> relationship with NTT in Japan, who runs
> all the phone companies ....
>
> Jeff

And I don't know what the heck happened at Wikimania, but I am getting
1720 visitors and 50,000+ hits an hour in Wikigadugi.org which started
about noon yesterday and has been increasing at a rate of 6% an hour.
Anyone know what happened? I think it's great, but did the site get
mention to folks in the press or something? I had to add two more proxy
servers this morning before heading up into the Kamas wilderness with
the family for the afternoon to handle the caching load.

Jeff

*period* 	Month Aug 2006
*First visit* 	NA
*Last visit* 	06 Aug 2006 - 22:29
	Unique visitors 	Number of visits 	Pages 	Hits 	Bandwidth
Viewed traffic* 	*1329*
	*1720*
(1.29visits/visitor) 	*7982*
(4.64pages/visit) 	*23214*