[Foundation-l] enwiki dumps are busted/ISP Response to Fred

Jeffrey V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Mon Aug 7 03:02:46 UTC 2006

Does anyone know when the enwiki dump will get fixed?

anyone's side but their own.    They have no incentive to listen
and Wikipedia has a serious credibility problem with many of them due to
the fact that any of the 600+ admins can file these
reports, and many of them are malicious and spoofed.  Your suggestion
they should only come from the ARBCOM is a good
one.  Last time an administrator sent an ISP complaint in on me last
year, the email was thrown in the trash -- and after they
reviewed the article on me and the press issues with the JFK story, they
told me they won't ever accept them again from
Wikipedia.

There's also the problem with the Asian ISP's -- they could care less
and won't respond, esspecially the ones in Taiwan --
I've tried.

Jeff