[Foundation-l] complaining to ISPs

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Fri Aug 4 20:48:37 UTC 2006

James Hare wrote:

>Oooh! War of attrition!
>
>James approves.

One other thing I have done is create two server arrays -- one external
WikiGadugi network, and an internal one. The reason
"recent changes" (ᎾᏞᎬ ᏗᎦᏁᏟᏴᏍᏗ) never shows activity and the site
undergoes database purges and updates is the actual
community server is behind a proxy -- people have to be given access. I
take the translated XML dumps which are redumped
from the actual community server and importDump them into the external
server for public viewing. I did this for two reasons.

1. Vandals get smashed and their bogus junk gets blasted out of the
database every two weeks.
2. My community has privacy of their editing history to the General
Public (but not to each other).

Most of the content on Wikipedia talk pages that gets scraped by Google
really does not belong in the public view, or anywhere else public.
It's public to my community, not to the outside world.

Jeff