[Foundation-l] Incubator Logo

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 01:36:06 UTC 2006

Hi.

I am sorry to say that this logo violates the Wikimedia Visual
identity guidelines [1].

On a personal note, I am saddened to see that we don't seem to come up
with any grand ideas, a little fresh and different, for new logos that
are needed. As much as I like the idea behind the logo, I find it
disheartening that people keep adapting the same logos again and
again. For an incubator, this is even sadder.

In any case, before a  new logo is used on any of the Wikimedia
projects/websites, it should be approved by the board of the Wikimedia
Foundation.

Cheers,

Delphine
[1] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_visual_identity_guidelines

On 7/31/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel Bregman wrote:
> > After nearly a month of voting, the logo has been chosen for Wikimedia
> > Incubator
> > (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Incubator/logo).
> >
> > I'm writing on behalf of http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:NielsF, who
> > created the logo. He wishes to know how to tranfer copyright over to the
> > Wikimedia Foundation.
> >
> > What would need to be included in a transferal statement, and where should
> > it be put?
> >

> Probably to permissions at wikimedia.org and probably something to the
> effect of "I, <name>, permanantly and irrevocably transfer all claims
> and copyrights to the Wikimedia Foundation."
>
> Or, I could be completely wrong. Ask Brad :)
>
> --
> Alphax - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alphax
> Contributor to Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
> "We make the internet not suck" - Jimbo Wales
> Public key: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alphax/OpenPGP

~notafish