[Foundation-l] Waerth's stewardship

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 05:18:41 UTC 2006

Hoi,
The proposal may be sensible BUT is it to be implemented retro
actively? Given the current situation in the Dutch chapter and the
Dutch wikipedia where a substantial group of people are dissatisfied
because of a perceived lack of communication, this is absolutely the
wrong thing to do.

I have heard noices that it is not for people of the Dutch community
to question the procedures around this. This is one factor that makes
the situation of the Dutch chapter even worse because it suggest that
things are done in secret and it strenghtens the existing feeling of
un-ease because it demonstrates that while the letter of the statues
of the Dutch chapter suggest a hands-off approach the facts on the
ground are different. These "noices" did not originate from people of
the chapter by the way.

It is possible to implement the proposal retro-actively. When stewards
were chosen, it was always said that they were then accepted or not
accepted by the board/Jimmy. It is therefore the board/Jimmy who can
say that they do not trust Waerth anymore in his role as a steward.
This is a communication/decision that cannot be delegated.

So from my perspective; the proposal has merit. It is up to the board
or Jimmy personally to decide on Waerth's stewardship. It would be
best to have clarity and have it settled as soon as possible; in the
end it is about people and community.

Thanks,
    GerardM