[Foundation-l] Wikisource list created

Michael R. Irwin michael_irwin at verizon.net
Fri Apr 21 02:13:42 UTC 2006

Brion Vibber wrote:

>On request I've created a mailing list for Wikisource:

>-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

one a couple of months ago so there should be something on file if that
is required.  If there is a standard request template I could take that
to the wikiversity subcommittee of the special projects committee who is
apparently current in charge of resubmitting the proposal modified as
per the stacked Board's request of approximately six months ago, should
you choose to provide a link to that entity.

It might be a bit late since the activity level on Wikiversity seems to
have fallen off quite a bit over the past six months.  On the other hand
there might be quite a few participants checking once in a while to find
out whether an actual decision to proceed or to not to proceed has been
reached.

It will be a useful data product even if the Wikicommunities decide to
pass on wikiversity.  There has been a lot of general interest shown in
the concept and much of the input could be summarized efficiently for
others to use in implementing the project concept elsewhere.   This
would also be useful locally if; after the cleanup phase deletes the
disapproved project from Wikibooks and meta; the community ever decide
to resurrect the project.

Regards,
lazyquasar