[Foundation-l] [Wikipedia-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Jean-Christophe Chazalette aurevilly at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 22:12:48 UTC 2006

Not discussing the legal basis here, total trust in Brad's legal
skills and expertise.

But any action could have been done with consideration.

I'm not famous for being a member of Erik's fan club, though I've
always had respect for both his creativity and his coding ability.
Once Erik had done his mistake, even if it was in a allegedly
malicious drive, what would have been the problem with taking it easy
after Erik took his phone and called Danny ? What whould have been the
problem with re-protecting the page ASAP and telling him on the phone
to *stay away from a serious legal issue* : a seven word sentence to
say.

Now, indefinite block and desysopping at first sight ? The crucial
legal issue is one thing, displaying such an obvious amount of
contempt is another one. Next time somebody is experienced as a
troublemaker for Foundation, one can use subtility, or finesse, or
even mere common sense, instead of shooting at first sight. What could
be expected from that, apart from a new useless conflict ? I'm aghast.

The rest of my comments will go to private lists or mails, if it's
worth it - which I doubt.

villy ~~JC