[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikipedia-l] Dutch chapter

Fruggo fruggo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 12:23:14 UTC 2006

I believe Walter is right when he contradicts that there is a group of
admins that act against the wishes of the community. When the first plans of
a Dutch Wikimedia organisation were made I contributed to the discussions on
the Dutch Wikimedia website and I went to a (the first?) meeting of people
who were interested. It soon occurred to me that some people had very strong
opinions on forming an organisation, and there was not many room for
dissident opinions. I got the impression that many people thought that the
organisation could/should have a say about the Dutch Wikipedia. I didn't
like the way some people (who were intent on becoming a board member) seemed
to force their opinion on others, so I backed out of the development of the
organisation. I believe that the way dissident opinions were handled is now
an important source of the fear of many Dutch Wikipedians that the Dutch
foundation and association (but mostly the foundation, since that is the
least democratic) will not listen to the Dutch community.

-Fruggo