[Foundation-l] stats ?

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 07:53:52 UTC 2006

Birgitte SB wrote:

> I think new languages should be supported if they seem
> likely to suceed establishing an active community.
> Before we can judge that or set up any guidelines we
> really need more information.  I would very much like
> to take the first step in this.  Which I believe is
> analizing what has worked or not in the past.  But
> right now some of the stats pages are months old and
> Wikisource has none at all for individual languages.
> I don't know that the information I can get from any
> updated stats would really tell what makes a community
> sucessfull.  However it should allow us to see what
> communities have a certain level of activity.  Then I
> think we should ask people from various communities to
> fill out a survey about the beginings of their
> community and maybe we can find some indicators we can
> use to answer your points.
>
> BirgitteSB

I wrote something about this, but the mail appeared to get lost.
I'll do it again then :-)

I know not if stats might help to define such guidelines, but it is
always worth analysing data. It may provide ideas.

The author of these stats is Erik Zachte.
What about contacting him to see why stats of down ?
Is it because he left the project ?
Or did not find the time ?
Or did not find the motivation ?
Or was his tool broken by a software modification ?
Does he need help or can someone else take care of stats from now on ?

... would you explore this Birgitte ?

Ant