[Foundation-l] new checkuser policy

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 23:41:05 UTC 2006

You may find a new version of the checkuser access policy here

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:CheckUser_Policy#Access_.28new_version.29

the main differences are
* it takes into account the fact some local communities with arbcom do
not necessarily want to delegate appointement of checkusers to their arbcom
* any local project may choose at least 2 people amongst the already
approved checkusers, with localized requirement (the local community
choose itself percentage of support, minimum number of votes etc...)

Which would allow to make Essjay and Karynn checkuser on en.wikibooks if
the en.wikibooks is happy with this.

Warning : the idea is not that all checkusers be selected by wikipedias
and later imposed on other projects. The idea is rather that generally,
a person widely supported in one project to do a job... is some one we
generally trust to do the job properly anywhere.

So, if wikicommons wants to appoints 5 checkusers from 5 different
languages, all those 5 may serve on various other projects. The one
requirement to keep though : always at least 2 checkusers per project.

Opinion ? Please comment on the meta page. Trolls not welcome. I do not
have the time this week :-)

ant