[Foundation-l] Stewards are ignoring requests for CheckUser information?

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Sat Apr 15 12:17:01 UTC 2006

Anthere wrote:

>I am waiting for your feedback on the various options I have proposed;
>Even if none please you, please be kind to comment on them.
>
>meanwhile, in case there is an urgent need on wikibooks, I propose to
>have Karynn be a temporary checkuser on en:wikibooks whilst a solution
>is found out. She is an experienced checkuser and she has agreed ! (and
>it is free of charge !)
>
>http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/User:Kelly_Martin. See her as the Brion
>Vibber of the old days (he carried on our requests when necessary).
>
>ant

I appreciate the offer.  I actually removed one checkuser request from
Meta because the request was over three months old and not going
anywhere, or even a comment by any of the stewards if it was a proper
type of request.  If you look at this page on Wikibooks:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks%3AVandalism_in_progress

you will see many comments from several admins that all complain about
the lack of somebody with checkuser access locally to help deal with the
growing problems of vandalism.  This page, BTW, is mainly for non-admins
to communicate to admins for potentially blocking a specific user.  It
is also in turn one of the top 5 most vandalized pages on Wikibooks as
well. It also should be an example of the kinds of issues that somebody
with checkuser status might be able to help out with on other projects.
 I especially loved the vandalism done by User:Jimbo wales (lowercase w).

--
Robert Scott Horning