[Foundation-l] Stewards are ignoring requests for CheckUser information?

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Sat Apr 15 11:59:46 UTC 2006

Erik Moeller wrote:

>On 4/14/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>In short, I think that only editors known by a significant
>>number of other editors should ever be given checkuser access. Hence the
>>25 votes. Which may be too high a value.
>>

>Yes, I think changing the phrase "25-30 editors approval" to "the
>approval of 10 active editors" would be a reasonable change that can
>be made without too much bureaucracy. While it's good to be cautious
>about these things, specific parameters like this are *meant* to be
>tuned. Be bold :-)
>
>Erik

I would be comfortable with a policy that requires XX% of very active
users (defined as 100 edits/month) as an alternative minimum, with a
hard minimum of somewhere between 5-10 users.  Even very small projects
can usually come up with at least five people, or they really are
"one-man band" type projects dominated by a single editor.  For larger
projects like en.wikipedia, the 30 editor minimum approval seems very
reasonable or perhaps even a little bit low.

--
Robert Scott Horning