[Foundation-l] 2 blocks on nl

Erik van den Muijzenberg muijz at wikipedia.be
Tue Apr 11 12:54:34 UTC 2006

Last week I noticed that Oscar had mentioned me on this list.

Oscar <oscar.wiki at gmail.com> wrote on Fri Mar 24 02:01:14 UTC 2006:

 > after a fight over articles moving onto user talk pages and
finally irc,<BR>
 > muijz and waerth have been blocked this night by galwaygirl "they
are both<BR>
 > blocked until they work out a solution between themselves", for
one week, on<BR>
 > nl.wikipedia.<BR>
 > several attempts at mediation had failed before this measure was
taken, the<BR>
 > last one on irc, in which it became clear that no peace would be
agreed<BR>
 > upon: both kept on provoking the other.<BR>

 > oscar

Whereupon Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> on Fri Mar 24 07:42:29
UTC 2006 replied with:

 > You have my full support.

Oscar has used those words of Jimbo to defend his actions at
Wikipedia-NL.
However his statement is incorrect. Therefore I have asked him to
correct his statement here.
As Oscar is not willing to do so, I will correct it myself then.

1) at Wikipedia-NL, there has been a conflict between Waerth and *a
group of other users*
(Danny has described the conflict as "his conflict with the
nl.wikipedia community";
see: http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2006-March/
006381.html )
2) there has been *no* attempts at mediation
3) Muijz and Waerth did *not* keep on provoking the other

You can find the full text of my message here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Muijz/2_blocks

grtz,
Muijz