[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Meta:MetaProject to Overhaul Meta

Elisabeth Bauer elian at djini.de
Sun Apr 2 14:46:40 UTC 2006

Cormac Lawler schrieb:

> The fact that people might not be using the Wikimedia UK pages (if
> that's true) is a symptom of the fact that *we* haven't provided for
> that. That's you, me, and the others who have been working on this
> over the last few months. If you want to get participation of and
> ideas from Welsh speakers, you use a variety of methods (email, wiki,
> IRC, real-life meetings) and a variety of these mailing lists, wikis,
> chatrooms and community gatherings to bring together some ideas. The
> fact that it's not what we want it to be right now is nothing to do
> with Meta *itself*.

When we started Wikimedia Deutschland, we decided to use meta-wiki to
host the wiki pages related to the verein instead of hosting them on the
german wikipedia. The effect: nothings happens there. I think
participation on these pages would have been much higher, had they been
in the german wikipedia. I don't know the situation for the other
chapters, but it might be similar.

So, it somehow _has_ to do with meta itself.

greetings,
elian