[Foundation-l] Multilingual error messages

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:20:46 UTC 2005

Multilinugal error messages have now been implemented on the Wikimedia
squids. I would like to thank everyone who helped to make this a
reality over the past couple of weeks. I was keeping a running list of
everyone who had helped, but I lost track of everyone :)

Here is an incomplete list of those in IRC who helped me with
translations: taw, Mackowaty, WarX, SuiSui, aoineko, Submarine, Rama,
Frieda, Quistnix, galwaygirl, Fenix, mnemo and avatar. Everyone's help
has been greatly appreciated. :)

Particular thanks must go to fuddlemark for extensive Javascript help,
and to Jeronim for implementing the new message across the squids.

Note that I have removed the link to OpenFacts.berlios.de, which was
getting overloaded as soon as Wikipedia went down. I have also removed
the link to the "offsite donation page" at Angela's request. The
French, German and Japanese messages direct those people to that
language's IRC channel.

I hope the community likes the new error page. Well, they'll probably
hate seeing it, but I hope they feel comfort in the fact that it's now
a much prettier error message.

~Mark Ryan