[Foundation-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Re: No more new Wikipedias !

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 02:19:31 UTC 2005

On 9/25/05, Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> wrote:

> > <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposed_policy_for_wikis_in_new_languages>

> If you board guys could stamp your approval on that policy and
> explicitly state I have authority for new-language addition following
> those rules as Chief Technical Doohickey, I'd be happy to do it.

It's up to the community to approve it. I rewrote the policy, so it
obviously has my approval, but the rest of the Board don't see this as
something within their jurisdiction. If a developer thinks the policy
has consensus, they can abide by it and make new wikis. If they don't,
they can tell the people requesting new wikis to go and fix the policy
and get a consensus on it. I've responded to a lot of the concerns at
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_policy_for_wikis_in_new_languages>
but there are really too few people giving any opinion at all to
determine whether or not there is consensus for this yet.

Angela.