[Foundation-l] Re: [Wikimania-l] WikiMania 2006 bidding process?

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 18:54:41 UTC 2005

Hello there,

> We have been working up a bids for East London and Reading to bring
> WikiMania to  UK in 2006, and I see Toronto have also put in a strong
> bid.
>
> But I can also see Cleveland on a different page! I have just
> discovered their bid today!
>
> Where are
> 1) the planned bids
> 2) the official bids
>
> exactly on WikiPedia? Should everything be moved to MetaWiki now??
>
> Also, what are the deadlines for Wikimania 2006? Where are they
> stated precisely?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Gordon Joly, East London
> aka
> LoopZilla

The bidding process has started at the beginning of this month. (see
here: http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2005-September/004184.html)

 All bids should be on meta and follow the rules explained here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006/Official_requirements_for_potential_host_cities,
that's also where you will find the official bids, if they are listed,
of course (I just added Cleveland to the list ;-) )

Thank you and hurray for the first European applications!

Best,

Delphine
--
~notafish